Disconnecting and capping off the 220 volt wiring that powers your spa is an extremely important part of our job and we take it very SERIOUSLY. If a child or pet happened to get a hold of a live 220 volt wire it could cause DEATH.
ELECTRICAL DISCONNECT PROCESS:
- Shut off the breaker that is dedicated to your spa.
- Label the breaker if it is unlabeled or mislabeled.
- Disconnect electrical wiring from your spa.
- Remove wiring up to the junction box and cap off inside.
- Remove conduit and/or flex piping leading from the junction box to your spa.
- Inform customer of what specifically was done (no two jobs are exactly the same).
EVERY JOB IS DIFFERENT!
Keep in mind that every job is different. Some customers are having an old spa removed in order to have a new one delivered so existing wiring needs to remain. In most cases customers are getting rid of a spa for good. Because of this we like to leave the electrical wiring not only safe, but clean. Sometimes wiring or conduit is old, ugly and not to code. We do our very best to remove what we can (per our insurance and licensing) so that you will never have to worry or pay extra by having to hire an electrician before or after us.
Please feel free to call or email us with any questions regarding the electrical wiring to your hot tub.